I ♥ Losses…Really? - PRECISION TRADING LABS
×
Welcome Blog Meet The Team How We Trade 2022 Sale Log In

I ♥ Losses…Really?

January 3, 2022

The founders of Precision Trading Labs had a common trading teacher & mentor. Something he said to us on various occasions has always stuck with us, and made us better traders: “Learn to love your losses.”
“WTF?!” you say? Here’s the 411:
His comment was a shorthand way of saying to have a solid risk management plan, and following it would make us better and calmer traders for it because we’ll know in advance that all of our losses will be small, manageable and already planned for:

  • We’ll take small, paper-cut losses, and won’t experience account-destroying setbacks that land us in the trading ICU.
  • On any trade we’ll be able to admit without emotion and hesitation that either we were wrong about the setup, or that even if we “were right”, it’s one of those trades that’s “supposed to fail.” (even if you’re a superstar trader that gets 2:1, 3:1 or better on your average trade and are right 75% of the time, that means you’re “supposed” to be wrong the other 25%).
  • We’ll have actual stops in our setups, not mental stops that often find a way of being highly malleable (please note we’re not suggesting anyone is wrong for using mental stops. If you’re successful using them, that’s great)
  • We won’t move our stop to give the trade a chance to recover (hope is NOT tactic), and instead of taking a $300 loss on the trade we turn it into a $900 debacle because we duped ourselves into thinking “it will come back.”
  • We won’t convince ourselves that dollar-cost-averaging on the fly, a.k.a. adding to a loser, is a great intra-trade tactic, again, turning a one-unit loss into a two-bagger because we couldn’t admit we were wrong (again, if that works for someone, great). And to be clear, we’re not talking about long-term swing trading or investing, where averaging-in and building a position makes sense.

So, for your short-term trading, learn to love your losses!

After all, a tool is only as good as your ability to use it.

I have handed you some valuable information
Now let me show you how to use it.
You see, information is good… but ACTION is better.
After working with thousands of experienced traders and want-to-be traders, in all kinds of market conditions, over the past seven years, I have found that the best way I can help you get immediate and tangible results is with our Show Me The Money Call. 
It’s where you hop on a live, 17 minute Zoom call with me where I will share my screen and take you through our exact process to determine and execute a winning trade right there on the live call, including the precise exit points of the trade.
No more guessing on your own whether something will work or not….
We do all the heavy lifting and provide you with the exact steps you’ll need to make so you can start seeing results immediately
You can choose to make this trade yourself, or make it in a simulated trading account, or just sit back and enjoy watching how we come out ahead of the game, day in, day out, week in, week out, year in, year out…
Book your Show Me The Money Call Here

See you there,
Ryan

0 Comments

Comment:

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *